Friday, November 30, 2007

The Beginning of Observing

I'm sorry the blog has been so dormant lately.

I've had heaps of work lately- been doing alot of writing.

Hope you all have been staying busy as well, keeping the skills sharp and the mind open.

My biggest object of interest that forced me to neglect all fountains of joy in my life was a fairly lengthy research paper on The Prince by Machiavelli.

I was surprised with how easily connections can be made from his theories to the music industry.

One of the most meaningful pieces of advice in The Prince has to do with the art of war, as is the majority of the subject matter in the work.

Machiavelli wrote that men of great power always exercise their abilities to wage war.

Even during times of peace, a leader should have his military on his mind at all times.

He should hunt during his leisure time, become accostomed to the land, and keep his mind sharp.

Now I'm not necessarily condoning the violence suggested, but this concept of incessent thought is applicable to any situation in which a person "must be number one."

I've tried to practice this throughout my day: my life and my thoughts became music.

I was surprised with the number of things I have discovered since I geared into this mindset.

I urge you to do the same!

Make yourself better! You owe it to the people.

No comments: